My Journey through life's radiant moments. Documented frame by frame.

Passionate about photography. Inspired by life. Always seeking to combine the two.

I see beauty and inspiration everywhere I look and it's my hope to capture bits and pieces of it wherever I can. To relive life's shining moments and to share with all of you. Here you'll find images and words that give you a glimpse of my world. Hopefully you'll leave inspired by something you see...and when you are I'd love to hear about it. If you want to drop a note, say hello, or inquire about a session or event, please email me at studio@kellimarsh.com
Browse around, share your ideas, be radiant in life!

- kelli



Monday, June 16, 2008

Dad-itude

.gratitude for an amazing dad.
I am fortunate to have a lot of wonderful people in my life. Friends and family have made my days brighter, safer, and full of love. I could write line after line of how thankful I am for each of them but today I'll pick just one in honor of Father’s day, my dad. Over the years he has given me wagon rides, read me bedtime stories, sang to me my favorite songs on his guitar, cheered me on at soccer games and helped me mend a broken heart or two with lots of love and words of wisdom. My faithful guide through life, he taught me how to throw a football, how to do math, how to play cards...and even how to gloat when I win. He taught me to be strong and make good choices. He taught me how to navigate through life's bumpy roads.

He is so much of the reason I like the person I've grown up to be. He has supported me, educated me, set me straight (when I needed it), encouraged me and understood me. It is because of him that I understand the value patience, honesty, and most importantly the value of myself. Because he loved me. No matter what. And if I deserve the love of a man as awesome as my father, than I deserve anyone’s love.

We got together yesterday to spend time enjoying the warm summer day together. Cold beers, good grillin (courtesy of grill sergeant Mike) and some fierce bocce competition made it a perfect day.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


The boys in battle. Tom, Mike, my dad and Bill
Photobucket



The Best of Times - Me, My Dad, Karen, & Mike (and no we didn't plan to wear matching greens!)
Photobucket
Many thanks to Tom for catching this sweet shot

My father is a man of endless knowledge, strength and integrity. He's a constant example of the kind of person I strive to be and I am grateful he's my dad. So a VERY Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, and especially you dad. I'm full of dad-itude for having a father like you with me every step of the way. Thank you for being you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet Kelli!

Anonymous said...

Great job, I love it! Your amazing and talented!

.:tomas flint:. said...

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. Your bond is strong...ask anyone who has been around the two of you. I am a better person for witnessing it. thank you for sharing kel :-)

Unknown said...

Kelli!
You have a beautiful family! I know you are very grateful! Live is good!

Amy said...

What a sweet tribute Kelli! Excellent job!